Wednesday, July 28, 2010

07/28/2010

25 days.


25 days left in the place I've called home for the past 13 years.

25 days left in my comfort zone.

25 days left to cherish 25 important aspects of my life:

1. Mom's constant nagging to get up in the morning
2. Buying the powerball every Wednesday and Saturday for dad
3. Laughing at Karan's jokes, and faces
4. My closest friends
5. Watching crappy quality Indian movies that my dad "got" with the family
6. Eating quality Indian food
7. The annoying dramatic effects found in Indian soap operas
8. Knowing that dad is right upstairs working hard
9. Watching Shahrukh Khan and simultaneously sighing with mama
10. Secretly having late night phone calls, skype dates, and sending texts much later than I should.
11. Moses
12. My room, my bed, my red wall
13. Inside jokes
14. Dad's crazily creative metaphors of life
15. Watching trashy tv shows with the brother
16. The computer next to me buzzing
17. The incessant clicking as Karan texts mysterious friends
18. Cooking whenever I'm feeling stressed
19. Dad telling me to take pictures of Colorado's wacky weather
20. Nikon CoolpixP90
21. Hearing mom's cell phone go off at odd hours of the night
22. The inviting noises from the kitchen
23. The smell of Chai in the morning and knowing how much I don't like it.
24. Frantically searching for scissors cause they're never in the right spot.
25. Importantly, hugging everyone that means so much to whenever I wanted too


=]


Everyday my excitement increases.


But


Memories about the past 18 years rush back with full force.


The good times, the bad times, and even the not so important times.


25 days and all this won't be the same anymore.


POOF! Gone...

No comments:

Post a Comment